The coronavirus pandemic has closed many businesses and left many in South Africa without an income.
The government have created two temporary lay-off options:
- UIF Reduced working time option and
- Covid-19 temporary employer-employee relief scheme (C19 Ters).
- UIF ‘Reduced working time’ option:
- UI 19 and UI 2.7 (completed by your employer)
- UI 2.1 (application form)
- UI 2.8 (bank form must be completed by the bank)
- A letter from your employer confirming that the temporary layoff is due to the Covid-19 virus and lockdown
- Copy of identity document.
- Covid-19 temporary employer-employee relief scheme (C19 TERS)
Read the full article on moneyweb: